Midwest Alarm and NOTIFIER – a One-of-Kind Visit to Connecticut!
Midwest Alarm has been flying our key customers to the new NOTIFIER Customer Experience Center in Connecticut, a state-of-the-art facility where they can see and interact with the full NOTIFIER product line. This amazing facility, together with our people and the resources NOTIFIER has on hand during our visit, creates a truly one-of-a-kind experience for our customers. Check out this video of our recent visit to see for yourself!
500, 5000, AFP-1010 and AM2020 Upgrade Program
Due to the recent obsolescence of certain vendor supplied parts, NOTIFIER has discontinued supplying AFP-1010, AM2020, 500 and 5000 system components.
In an on-going commitment to support our business partners, end-users, and legacy life safety systems, Midwest Alarm Services is pleased to re-introduce the upgrade program for the 500, 5000, AFP-1010 and AM2020 panels. By participating in the program, you will receive a 30% discount off the normal list price for eligible components required to upgrade any of these existing control panels to the 10UD, NFS2-640 or NFS2-3030.
- Receive 30% off eligible NFS2-640 and NFS2-3030 system components
- Free ConvertiFire software for converting AFP-1010 and AM2020 databases to NFS2-640 and NFS2-3030 databases
- Provides a migration path to future system upgrades and expansion, e.g:
- Mass Notification
- Digital Voice Evacuation
- High-speed NOTI-FIRE-NET
- FM 6320 Listed Gas Detection via NFS2-3030
- Two year extended warranty on all new Notifier system components
- Future system enhancements can be performed via flash memory firmware updates
- Faster, more efficient, and more flexible system programming with VeriFire Tools
To find out more information concerning this program please call your local Midwest Alarm Services office.
Summer Inspections - Reminders and Tips
School Buildings and Grounds Personnel are Preparing for the Busiest Time of the Year
As many Buildings and Grounds personnel know summer break is the by far the busiest time of year. The daunting task of getting 6 months worth of projects done in 6 weeks can seem almost impossible. Yet every year the expectation is there. However for several of you this will be the time of year you will be receiving your annual visit from Midwest Alarm Services for inspections of fire alarm systems, range hoods, fire extinguishers and automatic sprinklers. As a friendly reminder here are a few things to remember to help optimize your inspections and time for your staff.
- Coordinate inspections to be completed before floor wax begins or is over.
- Provide good access or a set of keys to your inspector.
- Bundle testing of alarms, extinguishers, and range hoods to have all services completed at the same time
- Approve deficiency repairs while techs are on site to complete all work for the summer
While this does not seem like it would be a big deal these small steps can greatly help with the goal of moving forward to starting another successful school year.
New Midwest Alarm Services Account Manager
Midwest Alarm Services is proud to announce the newest member of our ever growing team, Alex Jarnagin. Alex is a service sales account manager based in our Madison, Wisconsin office. Alex has been in the fire alarm industry for over 5 years filling various rolls. He has recently moved from our Des Moines, Iowa office to Madison to pursue a career in sales.
In his free time, Alex enjoys many outdoor activities but especially likes golfing, boating and fishing. As an avid golfer, he competes in many tournaments throughout the year. Please join us in welcoming Alex Jarnagin.